Saga Summer Camp Staff Applications are ready! If you are interested in working with an incredible team of people, running low cost Summer camp for children and youth in Clarkson Village, than please fill out and send us your application, with cover letter and resume, by February 15,2019.
For many people Christmas is a difficult time. Since 2014, several churches in Clarkson and Lorne Park have provided a Quiet Christmas Service as an opportunity to reflect and pray, away from the busy Christmas season. Join us at Clarkson Community Church for a service hosted and led by Clarkson Community Church, Lorne Park Baptist Church, St.Bride’s Anglican Church, St. Stephen’s on-the-Hill United Church and Clarkson Road Presbyterian Church.
Join us on Saturday October 27, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. There will also be bouncy castles, pony rides, roaming entertainers, live music and refreshments.
At Clarkson Community Church we are looking for someone with a love for kids to be our next Children’s Director. Between our Summer Camp, Saga Kids Club and Sunday Mornings we have lots of kids we are connected with and we are hoping to find the right person to lead them into the future.
The Children’s Director will work within the mission and vision of the church to provide ministry oversight to children from birth to grade 5. Through leadership, discipleship and programming the Children’s Director will work across our Saga Sunday, midweek and Summer Camp programs to see children fulfil God’s call on their lives to:
Live By Faith, by teaching children the Biblical story, allowing them to hear about the love of God, come to faith in Christ, and live out their faith in all areas of their lives.
be Known By Love, by developing deep and meaningful friendships between adults and children, within the church and neighbourhood, as they learn about and experience the kingdom work of serving one another in love.
become a Voice of Hope, by teaching children and their families to see life beyond themselves, and share the hope of Jesus with others through their lives, their actions and their words.
And to do this through…
- Getting to know and caring for children and engaging their needs,
- Providing welcoming and caring environments for children and families of all ages, abilities and status,
- Building relationship within families, and between church and neighbourhood families,
- Identifying curriculum and content that shapes and forms children in the way of Christ,
- Forming, training and equipping teams of volunteer leaders.
- A life informed by your christian faith,
- An understanding of and experience with children, their development and how they learn,
- A desire to engage neighbourhood families in the story of Jesus,
- A desire to work with and resource parents and families for discipleship within the family,
- An ability to work in a team environment,
- Self-motivation and initiative that leads to effective ministry
- A passion for evangelism and showing God’s love to the neighbouring community,
- Communication, time management, teaching, and a valid drivers licence
- Ability to assess needs, create goals and follow through with implementation
- Experience in encouraging, motivating and supporting volunteers,
- Experience with the development or selection of teaching curriculum for children.
- Experience in Christian Camping or appropriate education is beneficial
- Experience in caring for and developing support systems for children with exceptionalities,
- Discipleship relationships with children, seeking to encourage connections between children, leaders and parents across the church and community.
- Program development for Sunday morning and midweek Saga programs (Thursday), ensuring relevant, engaging and age appropriate content.
- Leadership development through supervision, mentoring and coaching of leaders to work with and care for children, ensuring they are resourced and equipped for ministry
- Administration through ensuring that communication, organization and administration are in place to support the discipleship, programming and leadership of Children’s Ministry.
- Summer Camp support, particularly for Day Camp by working alongside the Family Pastor to ensure an engaging and effective Camp.
In addition to these primary responsibilities, the children’s director will also
- Recruit, Screen, Train, Schedule and Empower volunteers
- Work as part of the Pastoral team to provide care & discipleship for children and their families
(please click here to see the Job Description, which has more information on these responsibilities
Support and accountability will be provided by the Family Pastor, with the support of key Saga leaders
This is a full-time, permanent position. Start date is planned for the fall of 2018.
The Children’s Ministry Director will be expected to participate regularly in the life of the church.
In addition to Sunday mornings and one evening during the week, the applicant will be expected to participate in pastoral team meetings and maintain regular office hours at the church.
While we will review all resumes, we will only contact those we intend to interview. Applications will remain open until we fill the role. A cover letter and resume can be sent to:
with the subject line “Clarkson Church Children’s Director”
Chartwell Children’s Director
c/o Tammy Pierce
Clarkson Community Church
1880 Lakeshore Rd. West
You may have noticed that there is a new name in front of the church in Clarkson Village. For many years now we have been Chartwell Baptist Church, named after a church in Oakville who founded us 22 years ago. Over the past year we have been talking about changing the name of the church to a name that connects more with the neighbourhood we are in and the people we are meeting. That’s why you are now seeing the name “Clarkson Community Church”.
However, the name has not yet formally changed. The members of the church will decide at our June AGM whether to officially change the name, until then we are testing it out. Our goal is to see if the name makes sense to us, to the neighbourhood and to those we are meeting. We would love your feedback on the new name over the next two months to let us know what you think, then we will make a final decision in June.
As we test this new name out, we want you to know that everything else continues to happen at the church. We are still meeting on Sundays, running Summer Camps, connecting with youth and kids at Youth Nights and Kids Club and helping out wherever we can in the neighbourhood. We are glad to be part of Clarkson and are looking forward to many more years of being involved in the community.
Palm Sunday Service- 10:00 a.m.
Wednesday Service- 7:30 p.m.
Good Friday Service- 10:00 a.m.
Easter Sunday Service-10:00 a.m.
Join us at 10 am, every Sunday at:
Clarkson Community Church
1880 Lakeshore Road West,
Mississauga, ON. L5J 1J7
- Tuesday April 9, 2019 Holy Week 2019 South MississaugaApril 9, 2019 - 9:17 pm
- Sunday April 14 , 2019 Clarkson Community Church Holy Week ServicesApril 9, 2019 - 8:52 pm
- Thursday February 14, 2019 Parents Night OutFebruary 5, 2019 - 10:33 pm
- Members Meeting Sunday January 20thDecember 31, 2018 - 4:37 pm
- Sunday April 14, 2019 Palm SundayApril 15, 2019 - 5:54 pm
- Sunday April 7, 2019 Love your Neighbour: “Love one Another… for them And for us”April 8, 2019 - 3:12 pm
- Sunday March 31, 2019 Love your Neighbour (in your spare time…)April 1, 2019 - 1:14 pm
- Sunday March 24 2019 Love your Neighbour: WorkMarch 25, 2019 - 6:06 pm